• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My KT7A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-inox-

Registered
ok heres a question not sure if there is another anser..

i hav and abit kt7a for a whil now and i want an athlon xp . as far as i no u need the 1.3 version to be able to do this..

what happens if i get xp and dont have 1.3 ?
also is there any way other than lookaing at the little stickr on the last pci slot ? as i would have to take my pc aprt whihc i dont really wann do .

also my vcore goes down to 1.1v and up to 1.85 is this a sugestion ? asi no xp use lower voltage but 1.1 seems a bit low for anything to me..

any help would be very usefull thx ;)

-inox- said:
ok heres a question not sure if there is another anser..

i hav and abit kt7a for a whil now and i want an athlon xp . as far as i no u need the 1.3 version to be able to do this..

what happens if i get xp and dont have 1.3 ?
also is there any way other than lookaing at the little stickr on the last pci slot ? as i would have to take my pc aprt whihc i dont really wann do .

also my vcore goes down to 1.1v and up to 1.85 is this a sugestion ? asi no xp use lower voltage but 1.1 seems a bit low for anything to me..

any help would be very usefull thx ;)

No, you do not need Revision 1.3 to have and AthlonXP processor work on your KT7A. But there is many things to note.

First, 100% of all users reported that they cannot up the FSB on there KT7A with Revision 1.0 of the board. Revisions 1.1 and up did not have this instance.

Second, you will be required to hit the reset switch just once upon a hard boot to retime the XP with the KT7A. This is the reason that Abit does not officially support the KT7A.

Third, those lower voltages are infact for the Thoroughbred line of CPUs which infact all work the same as the Palominos did on the KT7A apart from the fact that you need Bios A9 to properly reconize them.

DS-Master

I find it reckless to say all KT7A/RAID boards support the Palomino & Thoroughbred cores. Abit's newer boards even have problems with the TBreds & work arounds do not always work.

You can try but it's at your own risk.

Sonny said:
I find it reckless to say all KT7A/RAID boards support the Palomino & Thoroughbred cores. Abit's newer boards even have problems with the TBreds & work arounds do not always work.

You can try but it's at your own risk.

I have to agree with Sonny on this the jury is still out on even new Mobo support for Palo and T-Bred Cpu. Now trying a XP and not upping the FSB any your chances are not bad IMO.

Maestro

Back