• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Revealed cheats

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sorry

I apologize. The last 2 posts on this thread was made by my idiot cousin. I went to my uncle's house in Minneapolis back in late June and had used their computer. I forgot to log out. I called my aunt to log me off of the forumn from their computer. I wonder what else he's done.

I've removed the the 2 posts under my name since those were not of my opinion.

Re: sorry

katelin said:
I apologize. The last 2 posts on this thread was made by my idiot cousin. I went to my uncle's house in Minneapolis back in late June and had used their computer. I forgot to log out. I called my aunt to log me off of the forumn from their computer. I wonder what else he's done.

I've removed the the 2 posts under my name since those were not of my opinion.

I'm surprised he found his way in here haha!

At least our team has almost nothing to worry about regarding the cheating issue since many of our top 50 crunchers are very active in the forums and have gained the results they achieve by adding more machines, tweaking their current machines upgrading hardware etc....

Just doesn't make sense to cheat. I started SETI b/c I thought the idea of DC was cool especially to help science and I didn't even know about the team when I started...but the involvement and friendly competition has certainly helped my output and interest in the project. While I may not be active in many team activities I try to visit the forum fairly regularly and feel I do my part by crunching about 100 WU's per week

It's also been nice to watch the team move up about 25 spots and gain about 800 new members since I joined just over a year ago. Perhaps some of the teams that have gained rank due to cheating will have some dedicated members who move to our team or even a team like ours.

So keep up the good work guys and as Kris would say

Crunch On

Wow, I'm glad this finally got out.

I stumbled across both of these (at the time) possible cheats
while I was working on Benchmarking and testing some
overclocks.

I've been keeping this under my hat since about Christmas.

I figured if an idolt like me could stumble across this, then I'm
sure many others have also. I wouldn't be surprised if someone
wrote a small progie to copy all the WUs at 99% and store
them for 10 days to 2 weeks and release them in even waves.
If done right, it would look like someone is slowly building up
a large farm and nothing more.

I hope SETI@Home gets Midevil on this crap. I worked hard for
my....hell, I don't even know where my stats are now...but it's a
lot damn it!

Cy said:
I've always felt cheating is just completely useless. If you want a shortcut why even cheat...just tell people how great you are at something and save even more time by not even doing it at all! :mad:

Cy

if people didnt care about how great they were looked upon by others they wouldnt mention it in their avatars

i dont know why anyone would cheat at seti...to me seti is pretty useless..i'd rather use my spare time to "find" a cure for some disease than find whatever seti looks for...aliens?:beer: :beer:

edit: for those posting replies flaming me saying im trying to start a seti vs folding war as im editing this right now..stop...im stating my opinion and do not wish for a "war" to arise..just PM me with your views

Yeah, its not about crunching vs. folding...its about people who cheat at whatever they do.

I'm sure their are those who cheat at all the DC projects...or who have tried to cheat anyway.

"if people didnt care about how great they were looked upon by others they wouldnt mention it in their avatars"

Its one thing to feel pride in what you have done by hard work, its another to cheat to falsely receive some level of recognition...as I said, just cut out all the wasted time and outright lie about what you have accomplished. Cheating is a complete waste of time. Dot it or not but don't waste time cheating. If you are going to lie and cheat then you are just plain stupid.

Cy

No offense taken. I thought I understood the spirit of your post. :)

Cy

Back