• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

case for watercooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Potato_P

Registered
i was looking at this case and wondering if this would be a good case for putting a watercooling system in. would it fit a chevette heatercore in the front without killing any of the HDD bays?

I'm no watter coolnig expert but I am an air cooling expert now. I would recoment the Cheiftech/Anteck cases. the aluminum antec one's are great and they have lots of room for watter coolnig and are light weight. they also have nice airflow!! I would almost prefer and Antec alu to my lian-li alu case, cept that the Antec has that door that would annoy me. You couldd get the lian-li pc-70 but it's expensive. that case there might work, but it could be a crunch, the antec and lian-li are nice because they are a bit wider than normal, giving you more flexibility with bigger fans and rad, which you could put right inftont of the front intakes on the bottom.

i just converted the measurements of that elanvital case and it might be a bit narrow. i was going to nab a cheiftec case at newegg but it seems the cheap ones are no longer sold there. i did see a nice chieftec based on the sx10xx chassis with a rather nondescript bezel(a plus when modding which i will be doing)and most of all, it's cheap. 49+ship right here

how does that case look?

look around directron more antec, chieftech, chemming and chenbro make the same cases. or i like this one http://www.directron.com/9804.html the 120mm front fan is nice, u can mout the rad there and should be wide enof ur HC is 6x6 the width for case is 7.9x17

just cut off the extra 3.5 rails to fit the HC, don't cut them all off thogh u still need 1 or 2 for HDD

pbycat, do you really think it will work? could i really keep 2-3 3.5 bays(one for floppy, one or two for HDD's)?

also, how much air does the bezel let through? it doesn't look like i could hack it up too much due to the placement of the power and reset buttons so making sure a good amount of air can get past is a big deal.

that case is very nicely priced and looks sharp too, even if i don't use it in my WC project, i might use it for a few boxes for other people.

yes i think u can fit 3 3.5 drives in there, 2 external mounts and 1 internal, HDD can br put in a external bay. for the front, drill holes if u think its not getting enough air, also check if it has a inlet at the bottem if the bessle where id curves under neath.
i would draw a pic but i cant download the pics from directron to draw on.:eh?:

Back