• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help!!!, please...........

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aarion

Registered
Hi, i got a very big problem, as you guys may know, every notebook has a recovery disc. I accidentally left the cd in it and boot the comp up. The recovery disc wipe out my whole harddisk and leave me with just Windows.

Is there any way i can get back my files? any speacial software i need to use? pls, help me, those files are very important to me. Thank you.

Welcome to the Forums.

I would not hold much hope of recovering your data. If the recovery CD/Floppy, does a full format of your hard drive then you will not be able to get the data back.

If it has not doen a full format then, you may be able to get a program that recovers the data for you. Check out downloads.com, they should have a demo or trial copy or software that will do that for you.

I'm not sure if your disk would be able to just go right through and reformat and reinstall windows without some sort of input, so it is possible that there may be a folder somewhere with your stuff on it. Go start\search and select your C HD and type in *.doc and see what you find. Just a guess that may or not be worth anything, but I would sure try it. Also use the search box and search for one of your missing files and see what it does. Also it may have reset your attributes so make sure your hidden and system files are viewable.

turd said:
I'm not sure if your disk would be able to just go right through and reformat and reinstall windows without some sort of input

I agree compleatly, no reformat disk i have ever seen will wipe out your hdd the second it boots up, you have to hit enter a bunch of times and usually type "YES" or "FORMAT" in order for the program to activate the format.

Has someone been fooling around with their computer???????

oh yeah, welcome to the forums, booyah!

I have restored countless laptops with recovery CDs... It is absolutly impossible for the CD to do anything without a user pressing yes or no. Format usually wont happend untill u hit F or Y... so unless u had 1 intelligent cat or dog, or some1 was playing a mean trick on u... thats to bad. But if you want data recovery try restorer2000 or just do a serch for data recovery on goolgle. GL

AZN

thank you for your replies. I do know that someone has to activate it. The someone did without know what he was doing. Don't blame him, he is no no no good with comps.

I think it did a format on the hd and install a fresh os on to it.

Back