• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

eheim - worth the price?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hi

i'm just about to install a ehiem 1048 so i'll keep you posted, but a couple of things to note so far is it is very very quiet!!!

and also make sure on the overall size of the pump you are fitting in!

cos i have only just about got mine in! by moving pci cards around!!!

thx...

Its obvious that Eheims are a quality pump ..
No arguement there ..
But Ive never seen anybody post that the Maxi' or Aquavia's fail any sooner ??
I have the Aquavia 1300 and its running like a charm ..
Silent ,, and moves alot of water ...
Anybody out there have one of these low cost pumps fail ??

At some point it seems that peeps are paying extra money for the name ..

Kinda like cars ..
Joe Cool likes his beemer .. And I like my old truck ...
Both of them are reliable .. but you pay out the nose for that BMW logo !!! :beer:

Rotary-Motion said:
hi

i'm just about to install a ehiem 1048 so i'll keep you posted, but a couple of things to note so far is it is very very quiet!!!

and also make sure on the overall size of the pump you are fitting in!

cos i have only just about got mine in! by moving pci cards around!!!

thx...

Come on guys this is like comparing Honda and Mercedes. Honda is like like a Maxi Jet; reliable, good quality and low price. The Eheim has Mercedes craftsmanship, prestige and high price tag. Both will do what they were designed for but the Mercedes looks good doing it. I highly doubt either brand will fail you even with years of 24/7 use. I chose my Maxi Jet for its reliability, very compact size, and price tag 1/3 of an eheim.

So far my Maxi jet has been running 1+ year 24/7. I have also used Danner, Rio, and Eheim but the Maxi Jet is my favorite hands down.

Anyone know if you can get replacement parts for the maxi's? Also, who is a good dealer to buy a maxi from?

All i could find there is a powerhead which looks to be some sort of pump with a long thing to go down to an under gravel filter for fish tanks. Is this the maxijet you all speak of?

Ok, i was just making sure I wouldn't be buying something that would have to end up in my fishtank.

DKYoda said:

Kinda like cars ..
Both of them are reliable .. but you pay out the nose for that BMW logo !!! :beer:

You obviously never have driven a fine german car...i.e audi, bmw, mercedes (not so much mercedes).

DKYoda said:

Kinda like cars ..

and everything that goes with the logo...engineering, quality materials, durability...
wj

Eheim isn't magdrive right? So I guess they really are like a german car. A lot better than a honda, but also a lot more can go wrong ;p Or that's how I see it at least...

Not that I don't like BMW, Audi, MBZ... I would of course rather have one of those over a honda... assuming I have the money to keep it running or replace it if something goes wrong.

who cares about cars. Lets end that stupid analogy

Price != quality

That's the plain and simple fact. There are many more variables that go into price. You'll have to find some other blanket quality to judge things without really thinking about them.

So if an eheim was a bmw, what bmw would it be... could we suppose the 1048 would be a 3 series and the 1250 is the 5 series...

lol, jk Safemode

Back