• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Run games in a window

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

William

Prodigal Son Moderator
How do I get a game to run in a window. I know some games have this option, but the game I want to won't. I would love to be able to do this as the game(rebellion) isn't a tasking game and it would be great to have it in a window and be able to go back and forth. BTW, running XP Pro.

Either it would be something in the setup of the game or try hitting the windows button on your keyboard.

I usually run mine in a window when I'm downloading alot of stuff

You may want to give this a try William...Create a shortcut to the game's executable, and edit the shortcut's properties by right clicking on the shortcut icon and selecting "Properties" from the menu. Add the command -w on the end of the shortcut's target line, making sure the command is after any quotation marks. When you click on the shortcut the game should appear in a window, rather than running full screen. ;)

Back