• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do i use this .AWD file to flash my A7A266's bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jay23

i tried using sdram and the mobo worked(mobo 'supports' sdr and ddr)

anyways video shows with the sdr but not with the ddr...

how do i use this .awd file to flash my bios?(trying to see if there is a bios fix)

How to Manage and Update your Motherboard's BIOS

Upon First Use of the Computer System
Create a bootable system floppy disk by typing [FORMAT A:/S] from the DOS prompt without creating "AUTOEXEC.BAT" and "CONFIG.SYS" files.
Copy AFLASH.EXE to the just created boot disk.
Run AFLASH.EXE from this new disk and select option [ 1. Save Current BIOS to File]. See 1. Save Current BIOS To File on the previous page for more de-tails and the rest of the steps.

Updating BIOS Procedures (only when necessary)

Download an updated ASUS BIOS file from the Internet (WWW or FTP) or a BBS(Bulletin Board Service) and save to the disk you created earlier.
Boot from the disk you created earlier.
At the "A:\" prompt, type AFLASH and then press <Enter>.
At the Main Menu, type 2 and then press <Enter>. See 2. Update BIOS In-cluding Boot Block and ESCD on the previous page for more details and the rest of the steps.

WARNING! If you encounter problems while updating the new BIOS, DO NOT turn off your system since this might prevent your system from booting up. Just repeat the process, and if the problem still persists, update the original BIOS file you saved to disk above. If the Flash Memory Writer utility was not able to successfully update a complete BIOS file, your system may not be able to boot up. If this happens, your system will need service.

Back