• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P3-s 1.26@1510

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deez

Got my Kingmax PC150 512Mb stick in today and everything seems pretty stable at 1510 so far at default voltage

wish me luck

Hi deez,

good to hear that! Nice overclock on your P3-S. I think 1,6Ghz should be reachable, but perhaps now your mobo is the limiting factor due to too high PCI-bus speeds at 160 MHz FSB+.

Good luck!

Regards

Ingo;) :D

deez said:
Got my Kingmax PC150 512Mb stick in today and everything seems pretty stable at 1510 so far at default voltage

wish me luck
hey Deez! i think u'll have a good chance to get the fastest PIII rig. title!!

benchmark that baby!! :beer:

Celemine1Gig...I think your right about that one...thinking about maybe getting an ST-6 but the funds are low right now

Land Shark...I hope so...I'll be benchmarking it towards the end of the week when I get the memory timings up to speed

Good work deez! I just finally got my PIII-S duallie going. Got a couple of PIII-S 1.26 GHz Engineering Samples at another forum and they've been running Prime95 all night at 1.4 GHz. That's at the default core with the FSB at 148 MHz and the DDR at CAS2. The motherboard is an MSI MS-9105RL with onboard RAID and LAN. A really nice board. Right now I can't set the multiplier higher than 9.5 since I'm using the original BIOS. I have to flash the update for the 1.4 GHz PIII-S to activate the 10.5 multipier. Anyway, nice mobo and nice CPUs. BTW, I'm using some copper HS/Fans I picked up at SVCompucycle for $4.99 each.

Nice duallie you've got there DaveB hope the eng. samples and bios flash go well. I also picked up my AX-7 from SVC and I've bought a few other things from them in the past...good store.

I know I could go much higher with this chip on another board with more options but my computer funds are nothing for the next few months (at least) maybe longer.

But I love the performance from my P3-S and think it will serve as a nice solid performer for the next few years.

UPDATE: I decided to go back to 1434 and use my crucial at 151 2-2-2 5/7 since SETI performance was essentially the same due to the slower mem timings with the Kingmax which could run stable at 3-3-2 7/9

and Windows application performance was essentially the same

guess I'm just gonna sell the Kingmax

Back