• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSN Messenger

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eobard

Give me a break Senior
I got talked into trying MSN Messenger and I'm extreemly unimpressed by the fact that it auto launches every time I use Outhouse Express. Is there a way to disable MSN Manager until I specifically choose to launch it?

Unless you're the particular genius at MicroScrotum who designed that program to 1) destroy my registry and then 2) gouge troughs into my hard drive (or whatever the physical damage the diagnostics software found was) then that insult doesn't apply. I was very insane when I wrote that last message, a severe form of "could not be held accountable for his actions" form of insane. It was not good. I'm typing this from my backup system while I go through the RMA procedure for the next 2-3 weeks. Me no happy. To paraphrase the modern day poet "Eobard no function computer well without." To be honest I'm relieved that I managed to retain enough semblance of order to delete the majority of what I had typed before posting it. No amount of swear filter would have helped, I wasn't rational enough to spell things properly enough for them to be censored but it would have been close enough to leave no doubt for the average reader.

Btw: I may not have proof that it was MSN Messenger that killed my drive, it may have been coincidence, but I'm declaring MS guilty by association, or assumption, or declaration, or whatever I feel like at the moment. I think that'll stand in any court of public opinion.

Thats why i cant wait for sp1 for XP. You can configure outlook to not log you in automatically into msn messenger when you open it. You can also configure outlook to go directly to your inbox, it doesnt launch msn messenger that way. Sorry to hear about the hard drive, hang in there.

Back