• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can different operating systems affect your OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
thats true. thats because not all OSes are stable the same, and some are prone to fail easier.
the reason why you may need to underclock is that the components are not 100% stable, but it would be stable enough to run other more stable OS.

there are ppl who report there was no error after running prime95 for 24H, but there was one in the next hour, what means the cpu is not 100% stable. this could cause one OS to fail, just like a bad tweaked stable OS can either cause the system to become instable.

Considering the fact that I installed XP yesterday I have noticed that XP is so much more stable than 2K.

Ben721 said:
Considering the fact that I installed XP yesterday I have noticed that XP is so much more stable than 2K.

considering that, then i think thats not time enough for you to conclude that. :)

im not sure about why i prefer W2K over XP much, but WXP can become instable just due to the many more services and stuff running in the background, once both are based in the same NT kernel. XP needs a lot more tweaking to run as well as 2K.

yes i dont see how they could just basicly take win2k and add a bunch of user friendly trash to it and call it more stable... theres just no way.. More features never = more stability :p

Back