• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IRQ probs w2kpro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Frazlerdo

yo.
i hawe IRQ problems with Pci and Agp ports
somhow windows chose to yuse one IRQ to all ports
witch are a huge performance lose i need the AGP port go one its own IRQ .

i yust can imagine howe buzy that litle 11 irq is when i go online and it runs Sound,Agp,Lan,and a few hubcontroller.when i hawe 4 empty non used IRQ i think wierd.

thats normal if you have ACPI running, and shouldnt cause you any problems if youre running W98, 2K or XP.

you can check that out under Computer in Device Manager. specially for W2K and XP, they both can run pretty well with ACPI managing all the devices interrupt requests.

mm ther must be away to let AGP run on a own IRQ
w98 i remember i could change this in devicemanager
can't do so in w2k i hawe huge performance lose if i compare w2k to w98 .
i hope somone know how to asign IRQ in w2k.

this guide will help you out.
the only way to re-address it is to disable ACPI either from BIOS or updating HAL to Standard PC under Computer in Device Manager.

the problem with re-addressing the interrupt requests from BIOS is that W2K will overpass it and re-route.
i dont recommend you to use the Standard PC HAL. what version of DirectX are you running?
make sure you have the latest version instead of the built-in version 7.

Back