• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP-333 Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fletch

my system is this when i try to power up:
AMD Athlon XP 1900
256MB PC3200 RAM (OC System brand)
GeForce2 Ti 64MB
Iwill XP-333

Those three parts and the power supply i saw tested with my own eyes and are operational.

The first time, when I pressed the power on, the fan on the northbridge and PS would jump as if they got a very small, weak jolt, then stop. I sent the motherboard back the sales company to be tested. They said it was ok, but I still had the same problem, so I contacted Iwill. Iwill said the board was bad and to send it back to them for RMA. I returned it and got a 'new' board today. I'm assuming it's new. The puzzler - I'm still having the same problem and I go back to school in 2 days and need my comp! I left a message on Iwill's answering machine today, and I pray that I will receive a call tomorrow. Does anyone have the same problem/know what is wrong/can help me?

I had a similar situation w/ a customers Xp333. I replaced the Mobo and the RAM, still nada. I finally tried a better PSU, BINGO, it work.
I know you said you say the PSU and everything tested, but that is not the issue. The XP333 needs very consistant 3.3 and 5volt rails.
BTW, what make and model is your PSU.

Yeah, your PSU is probably not of the best quality. I've always been very pleased with Antec, especially the TruPower seris. Get a 350W or more to make sure you don't have to worry about the PSU in the future.

i had the same problem and askes my friend (who knows a bit about psu's) and he said to me:
" that sounds like a short - its a protective feature. make sure that your ram and power cables are fully pushed in."

guess what? my ram wasnt pushed in on one end. i pushed it down and it fired up without any problems

Back