Question IE "jumping" from window to window???

Hmmm, maybe a trivial question for some of you, but I can't find the answer to this one:

How can I keep IE from changing focus to another window when for example loading is finished.

For example: When I open a link from window #1 in another window (window 2#), explorer will jump to this window #2 whenever it's loading is completed etc.... no matter what I'm doing in window #1. Extremely annoying

The strangest part is that I experience this as a problem only sice I've re-installed my OS (windows XP proffesional) a few days ago.

Any thoughts
    Thx!
    *Non est ad astra mollis e terris via*

Super Moderator
    First Responders
    -->
    Unfortunately (IMO), that's a built-in "feature" of IE6...and as of yet I've been unable to find a way around this annoying "feature".

Well, you may be right.
    But then again, I'm sure something affects the frequency of this "feature". As I said, I've always known this fenomenon, but recently it became a real problem on my PC.

Somebody pointed me at a function in TweakUI: under General > Focus there's an option to "prevent applications from stealing focus". But that doesn't seem to have any effect on IE.

Anyway, thanks for the reply!
    *Non est ad astra mollis e terris via*