• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new w/c rig with pics! :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tseongsun

I would like to thank everyone who has helped me along the way: Diggrr, Maskedgeek, Turbokeu, SilversinkSam, Hoot, Despotes, MajinSSJVegetto, Cack01 (nice avatar btw), AthlonNerd, and anyone else I forgot to mention... there were so many of you. :)

Ok so now pics!!

In case I had to take the block on and off or what not, I decided to dremel a hole in my mobo tray.
tray.jpg

While I was at it, I cleaned out the rear fan holes, and made a hole for the fan on my power supply.
dremel.jpg

Also I made a shroud and rear plate (not shown)
shroud.jpg

rad.jpg

Then I hit one of the useless 40mm fan holes to make a plug spot for my relay. The plug itself came from a butchered AT power supply.
plug.jpg

Here's a couple pics of the relay I was talking about:
relay.jpg

relay2.jpg

Water leaks are bad (or so they tell me)... so I tested the system for 48 hours.
test.jpg

And here's the finished product!!

inside.jpg

The metal thing is a pot, transistor combo to control the fan speed
inside2.jpg

inside3.jpg

rear.jpg

Very well done. The only suggestion I would make is to move the pump away from those drives. All those drives that close to the pump may add some heat to the water.

i have a question that has to do with the placement of the rad or heatercore (cant tell what that is)...

first, wouldnt it be better to put the rad in the front of the system somehow so the cool air from the outside passes through it rather than the hot air that sits at the top of the case?

second, since i doubt you are gonna change the setup, i think you should try putting another fan on the back of the rad so you have a push/pull config

edit: thats a great idea what you did with the motherboard tray... i think i am going to have to "borrow" that idea :) great work!

Emericana said:

first, wouldnt it be better to put the rad in the front of the system somehow so the cool air from the outside passes through it rather than the hot air that sits at the top of the case?

Actually it's sucking in cool air from outside, I just added a fin about 5 minutes ago to keep the hot air being blown out from the PSU from getting sucked into the rad.

WOW!

I want to congratulate you on a job well done! That is some tremendous workmanship!!!! It looks incredibly professional. Nice job in cleaning up your cables, etc., too, btw.

-- Paul

Very nice job, a suggestion though, to make sure cool air is going through the rad u could duct the rad fan with pvc to the top, the find another fan blowin out on top to keep the airflow ratio the same.

FRAGN'STIEN said:
Very well done. The only suggestion I would make is to move the pump away from those drives. All those drives that close to the pump may add some heat to the water.

The pump also have a big magnet in it too!

glass said:

so do the drives!
Well, this is true, but the difference is that the drive's magnet is there by design and so by design won't interfere with the drive, whereas the pump's magnet is not. (And I'd wager its magnets are probably stronger.) The issue is more of how much magnetic shielding the hdd has and how much external magnetic fields affect its operation and data integrity.

-- Paul

Shroud looks nice, what did ya make it out of? Allum sheeting? Steel sheeting?

Ya gotta love a nice relay=)

That res may have its problems, but it still looks pretty nice with water in it.

Self rounded cables?

The way you have your drives spread out looks very nice for cooling.

On your ram, is it blue or is that a blue TT heat spreader?

What case is that? Any mods of the front?

theres been so many of these threads in the last few days i thought i looked at this one;)
i like it a lot! what rad is that? is that a BIX with a shroud??? it kinda looks like it..... its very clean setup tho! i like it!(minus the BIX:D) what kind of temps do you get? unless i didnt read it rite... i didnt see them....

awesome job, very clean and it's great how you got everything to fit inside the case! love the pump pulg in also!

The CPU is a T-Bird 1.33 @ 1.5ghz (10 x 150mhz fsb) voltage is 1.9 according to a multimeter and 1.85 according to mbm5. ;p The temps I'm getting are 36-39C depending on the load and ambient case temps. Ambient case temps are 28-30C. I think I need to bleed a little air out of the system because when I leak tested it I had a bit of air in my res, now that I put it in though I have none :/ I think it's trapped in the rad, so I'm gonna shake that sucker like a british nanny later today.

>Shroud looks nice, what did ya make it out of?
I just made it out of some 26ga sheet metal from Lowes. 12"x24" for like $3.50

>Self rounded cables?
Yep! I'm a cheap ******* :p My next upgrade will be a UV cold cathode and UV rounded cables... but that won't be for a while.

>On your ram, is it blue or is that a blue TT heat spreader?
Yep, $5 at Fry's on sale

>What case is that? Any mods of the front?
The case is a Lian-Li PC71... I haven't done any mods on the front but I'm actually going out and shopping for the materials for some in like 5 minutes. I'll show you guys how it looks when I'm done with that.

And yes MaskedGeek... it's a BIX but it was the only thing that would fit up above the PSU : (

Mmm, home made rounded cables?

I made my, used electric tape tightly, and airbrushed em red. They are nice aand glossy, however I need to do the FDD again, not that a good job and I thinned the paint too much..

Back