• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

blue monitor?!?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Digital Pimp

green monitor?!?

hey all, i just picked up a 15" monitor from a thrift shop for $5 it's a really nice monitor (it can do 1280x1024) but there is a green tint to it (the reason it was $5) i heard somewhere that it's easy to fix but just wanted to know if anyone had anymore info on how i could fix it.

Thanks, Digital

Last edited:
depends whats causing it- one of my monitors has a bigggg green tint to it unless i really work the cable right.. takes forever and sometimes doesn't stay (the reason for it is some of the pins on it are shorter than others). i doubt this is the cause of it tho :/

The tint is caused by a resistor that has gone bad. They're usually located at the base of the tube somewhere. But the problem is that without a wiring diagram/schematic, it's a pain in the *** to figure out which one it is.

do you know of any how-to guides?

just checked it's a CTX model 1562gm

Digital

EDIT: just reaized that it's a GREEN tint :rolleyes: ...my bad

Last edited:
Actually it's something my brother learned how to reapir while he was in school. I just know what the symptoms are, and basically what causes it. My brother is the one who actually knows how to find and fix the problem. I gotta get him to show me one day.

Back