• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Java problems with Mozilla

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

takiwa

Are there any known problems with Mozilla 1.0 and J2RE 1.4? I can't seem to get java to run right with this setup. My installation of Mozilla was flawless, no errors, couldn't have been easier. I d/l'ed the j2re file, untarred it, and moved all the files to their locations as per the installation instructions on the Sun site.

When the browser loads a news ticker, sometimes it scrolls the ticker, sometimes it doesn't. When my girlfriend tries to go to play.games.com to play Yahtzee, the applet will load sometimes (but it performs so slow that it is unplayable), other times it won't. On pogo.com, it never loads, and I get a fatal error from the site. I have done several re-installs of the browser, as well as Mandrake 8.2, in an attempt to find the problem, but I just can't seem to figure this one out. I also have the same problem with Konqueror, so I would assume that the problem is stemming from the J2RE install, but I did everything according to the Sun readme, which was pretty straight forward.

I cant really help much with the problem but I am using Mozilla 1.0 and J2RE 1.4 but on SuSE 8.0 without problem and most certainly do not encounter any of the problems you state

Back