• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

USB 2.0 supported??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XgladiatorX

I been checking out MB and I just noticed on the gigabyte GA 7VRXP it has 4 USB 2.0 spots BUT they are not supported ????
same with the GA7DXR no USB2.0 support

Am I missing something or what?

what chipsets actually support USB 2
let alone firewire??

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you are asking?

David

Hey Dave
Well I'm gonna go find the article I read about the MB's but it something something like "even though the USB2 port are on the MB the southbridge chipset##### does not support it. I read this on a MB comparison website . I'll go see if I can find it now.

Hey Dave took me a while to find it , you know how it is link to link!
anyway I went to newegg and looked up the MB-chipset
which is a Gigabyte-"Ga7VRXP"MB "KT333-chipset" with the southbridgevt8233achipset so I clicked on the chipset specs and the specs say USB1.1 Support then I went to the Reviewsfrom newegg again which takes you to www.tomshardware.com they have a MB comparison chart which the article said USB2.0 is not supported.
So I'm confused they say the usb2.0 are supported but I found 2 spots saying they are not!

your probably right Altec
but after reading the reviews on newegg about the Mb I'm having second thoughts tomshardware gave it a good review but the people that actually bought the card, some were very upset and it was like 50 for 50 against not good odds in my eyes.

I'm now looking at MIS KT3 ULTRA2 which fullfills my needs, was recommended by a few people.

Back