• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The idea no-one has though of(i think)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

litghost

Has anyone tried this:

So a few people use refridge cooling systems to cool their water. Has any one tried to make a copper block with the frion evaporator in the block. What I mean is run the frion line directly into the block.

I would think combining this with block with a peltier would be a nice cooling system.

So has any1 done this, or does anyone know how you go about embeding copper piping into a copper block.

Or you could just say this is insane.:)

mx-eva3, kryotech... + couple of others(not combined with pelt tho) are like that basically. there's few hobbyist projects been thrown around too, and there is one huge thread here somewhere that discusses this

It is quite hard for 'normal' people to replicate the work of vaporchill and kryotech because there are risks with working with freon. To do that you would need to cut into the pipes - releasing freon in to the atmosphere (and your lungs)

also choice of blocks matters, as open (nothing inside) blocks will perform alot better then maze designs

Last edited:
The Overclocker said:
It is quite hard for 'normal' people to replicate the work of vaporchill and kryotech because there are risks with working with freon. To do that you would need to cut into the pipes - releasing freon in to the atmosphere (and your lungs)

also choice of blocks matters, as open (nothing inside) blocks will perform alot better then maze designs

still, several 'norma' people have done it. anyways, when done properly you don't have to breath freons or let them to atmosphere(not that anyone of would be releasing old style freons out anyways, since that's bad for atmosphere)

you can buy the compressor+other stuff seperately new and you'll won't have to deal with depressurising the system of old freons.

open blocks/evaporators have been most succesfull yeh.

well i have already cut the lines and "breathed" the freon(i was outside and it was windy). The real pain in the *** is getting the system recharged.

Back