• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Non pumped cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Mr_B=-

I dont know how this works.. But it seam to do the trick...
I have an old stereo amp that has a gigantic heat buildup.. it cools it self witha set of copper foil like coolers, with a tubing runnignin a ring inside.. on part in the upper area and one in the lower..

Anyone know how this works? could it be of any use in a PC?
It sure keeps the cooler cold that is for sure....

Sounds like a heatpipe to me bro :)

Because they move heat via phase change rather than conduction, they are very efficient at moving heat over large distances. Amplifier transistors put a lot of heat out in a very small area, not at all unlike CPUs, and need a lot of surface area to get rid of that heat passively. Lots of surface area means the heat is going to have to be moved over greater distances, making this a perfect application for heatpipes.

Half of that i dident get.. the rest dont make me any happier :- )

Is it possible to use this in any way to make a aircooled cooler "more" effective? (Duh.. Yeah i would then be creating it all from scratch)

Looking at "good" cooling for a P4 without "to much" noise/work

(What should there be inside the pipes? and how much?)

Please refer to this, your heatpipe works off the same principles, but uses a wick to return condensed refrigerant to the thermal load.

Hhum.. I think i get the idea.. But then i dont have the possability to create one after what it looks like in there...

I'll look in to this..and try and find out more.. But as it seams that i need to create a wacum to get this to work.. i think im out of luck...

Anyone else has any thoughts.. Tell me :- ) Now i am off to bed.. My time is morning.. not even early :- ) (07:15)

Back