• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Different H2O Block Idea

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lemmyslender

I have an Antec JetCool that I'm not using. I'd like to make a H2O block out of it.

It has a copper core (hollow) and aluminum fins joined to the core using thermal paste, held on by a plastic shroud.

I was thinking of drilling a hole in a large copper pipe cap and mounting the core inside the cap.

Option 1
Have H2O enter through the hollow core, have some holes drilled so it flows int the cap, near the bottom, and out near the top of the cap.

Option 2
Have the H2O flow in near the bottom of the cap and out near the top, no H2O in the core.

Should I mount the aluminum fins on the core to help heat transfer, or leave them off? If I leave them on can I use ASIII or something similar between the fins and core? Is ASIII waterproof, or will it eventually wash away?

Any thoughts on how this will work, or improvements/ideas?

Here's a picture to help clarify what I'm talking about (I hope).

Ok, this has given me some nifty Ideas, when I get my computer back up and running im going to have at it with the cad programs.

Back