• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can someone that reads Chinese translate this for me NV30 data?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PreservedSwine said:

Thats prett sad- you might want to check your set-up.

i'm #3 on the MX400's right now. how is that sad?

i know i'll get better performance with a newer card. i'm planning to get a Gainward GF4Ti4200 golden sample in a month or so.

Silversinksam said:
If this info is correct the person that called me an Nvidiot will be eating crow soon :rolleyes: [/B]

It appears as if it's just made up, mate.

And about being 3rd in Madonion w/ a Geforce2 MX and a score in the 2800 range w/ an XP1600- maybe you ahould re-check the orb, that doesn't even put you in the top 1,000:confused:

Last edited:
3rd on the o/c 3dmark team
pat.gif

Maxvla said:
3rd on the o/c 3dmark team
pat.gif

Ahhhh- thanks for clearing it up:)

BTW- if he's there is something seriously wrong w/ his et-up if he's getting the same scores with an XP1600 that he did with his Duron 750.

He should be getting about 500-1000 point increase at least:)

He should be getting about 500-1000 point increase at least
Sounds like you aren't much different than the guy that guessed what the NV30 should be putting out...and a little FYI on 3DMark, it's more memory dependant than cpu, it likes fast timings. But I say this because I've actually ran 3DMark before :rolleyes: For john's card, there is nothing wrong with his system. He has reached the limits of his card, that is all. A doubling of Mhz with only a 100 point increase should attest to this. But it's all a mute point.
The NV30 hasn't come out yet (although you are incorrect, it has been taped), so until it does, we are all just guessing. Your guess is no better than the next guy's, remember that...

takiwa said:
Sounds like you aren't much different than the guy that guessed what the NV30 should be putting out...and a little FYI on 3DMark, it's more memory dependant than cpu, it likes fast timings. But I say this because I've actually ran 3DMark before :rolleyes: For john's card, there is nothing wrong with his system. He has reached the limits of his card, that is all. A doubling of Mhz with only a 100 point increase should attest to this. But it's all a mute point.
The NV30 hasn't come out yet (although you are incorrect, it has been taped), so until it does, we are all just guessing. Your guess is no better than the next guy's, remember that...

Actually, I just checked the ORB before I posted, which you may have failed to do?. This is VERY different than guessing about yet to be released hardeware. You see, there is a huge database we can all see and check results. Please don't compare a 3d mark score yesterdays technology w/ total guesses about Hardeware that does not exist.
His score is very low. That may be due to the limitations on his ram, but others (and I mean thousands of others) are scoring over 1,000 points higher w/ the same gpu, and as fast or slower rigs:)

As for these fake graph, you should know where they got the info, if you were hoping the results to be close to reality. This graph is simply an extrapolation on the REACTOR CRITICAL story :
In Quake III Arena in 1280x1024 with 4x FSAA enabled, NV30 is going to be 2.5 times faster than the GeForce4 Ti4600.
In The Next Doom the board based on NV30 will be able to show 3.5 times or or even more of the performance the current Nvidia`s flagman has to offer us there.
NV30 will score three times more than the GeForce4 Ti4600 in 3D Mark 2001.
Effective HQ Pixel Fillrate (2x anisotropic filtering enabled) of the newcomer with will be about 2.7 times more than that of the fastest NV25.
As for pixel-shading speed, it will be 4 times of the NV25.
Nvidia claims that its upcoming GPU is capable of processing 200 millions triangles per second.

http://www.reactorcritical.com/index.shtml#l1205

Basically, this is all things the R9700 already is. It's obvious that the most startling improvements are going to be in the AA and AF arena- just look at the released specs. Just like the R9700
So far, it appears as though this card is going be be similiar to a .13 micron R9700, just much more expensive. Of course this is just my opinion- but remember these casrds were being developed at the same time, but one went .13 micron, and the other went .15 micron. Going .13 has cost Nvidia several months in delays, as this card was originally supposed to be released this fall. Frankly, I'm much more interested in what the NV35 will have to offer than the NV30

btw- do you have a link about being taped out? On the Aug. 15th, It still had not taped out

http://rd.yahoo.com/finance/confcal...=was&u=/w_ccbn.xsl&date_ticker=8_15_2002_NVDA
Just skip to 21:39 and listen to them dodge the question! If it hasn't taped out by now, when will it??? :confused:

Last edited:
Sink, it's jsut a fake chinese site trying to get hits. They did the same thing with the R9700 awhile back claiming it got 25000 3dmarks. Even if the NV30 were 5,000 times faster than the R9700 it couldn't get higher than it because of CPU limitations (3dmark on the R9700 is CPU-limited).

DaddyB said:

I have seen many comments about these "benchmarks" but no one has read the fine print at the bottom of the page:

note: Above tests the result certainly does not represent the NV30 final performance, only uses for everybody reference. Welcome everybody enthusiastically to participate the discussion

<snipped>

BTW that quote is taken from the translated version here.

You left out "only is is the PREVIEW suspicion type" in This Altavista translation.

The proper Chinese translation for this very last sentence of the article should read:

×¢£ºÒÔÉϲâÊԳɼ¨²¢²»´ú±íNV30×îÖÕÐÔÄÜ£¬Ö»ÊÇÊÇPREVIEW²ÂÏëʽ£¬½ö¹©´ó¼Ò²Î¿¼Ö®Ó᣻¶Ó_´ó¼ÒÓ»Ô¾²ÎÓëÌÖÂÛ

"Note: The test result above does not represent the final performance of NV30, rather it is just speculative in nature in a preview (test), and is provided for our reference only. All are welcome to actively participate in the discussion."

Note that the phrase "just speculative in nature in a preview" is itself very vague in the original Chinese text.

I'd like to add 2 things
1) This article is actually based on a Czech article dated 6th August 2002
http://zive.cpress.cz/H/PCtuning/Ar.asp?ARI=106875&CAI=2075

2) There are 100 comments in responese to this Chinese article on the Chinese website, and they overwhelmingly question and even ridicule the truthfulness/validity/trustworthiness of this articles.

My conclusion: it is a second-hand article borrowing some graphs from another article, and itself professes to be "speculative in nature". Not worthy of my trust or further discussion.

Kirky said:

You left out "only is is the PREVIEW suspicion type" in This Altavista translation.

The proper Chinese translation for this very last sentence of the article should read:

×¢£ºÒÔÉϲâÊԳɼ¨²¢²»´ú±íNV30×îÖÕÐÔÄÜ£¬Ö»ÊÇÊÇPREVIEW²ÂÏëʽ£¬½ö¹©´ó¼Ò²Î¿¼Ö®Ó᣻¶Ó_´ó¼ÒÓ»Ô¾²ÎÓëÌÖÂÛ

"Note: The test result above does not represent the final performance of NV30, rather it is just speculative in nature in a preview (test), and is provided for our reference only. All are welcome to actively participate in the discussion."

Note that the phrase "just speculative in nature in a preview" is itself very vague in the original Chinese text.

I'd like to add 2 things
1) This article is actually based on a Czech article dated 6th August 2002
http://zive.cpress.cz/H/PCtuning/Ar.asp?ARI=106875&CAI=2075

2) There are 100 comments in responese to this Chinese article on the Chinese website, and they overwhelmingly question and even ridicule the truthfulness/validity/trustworthiness of this articles.

My conclusion: it is a second-hand article borrowing some graphs from another article, and itself professes to be "speculative in nature". Not worthy of my trust or further discussion.

Kirky, Thanks for translating that for us, and welcome to the forums ;)

I guess the proof will be in the pudding and time will be the ultimate judge of who will be the King of the hill, for the time being it appears ATI is sitting on top.

:cool:

Actually, I just checked the ORB before I posted, which you may have failed to do?. This is VERY different than guessing about yet to be released hardeware. You see, there is a huge database we can all see and check results.
PS, I know you are relatively new to these forums, so I don't want my remarks to come off as flame. But your remarks are opinionated. This means they are your opinion, which is something others are entitled to as well.

As for the facts, john240sx's card is maxed out in his system. You never bothered to ask him what kind of card he had, what manufacturer, the mem timing, what kind of cooling he was using, what driver tweaks, etc. So you cannot factually tell him he is not maxing his card out. You base that on a database that was created for bragging rights, that several hundred scores have been seen as fakes. You must be able to look through the BS and get to the real benches.
I suppose you would tell me that my GF2 should have done more than 39xx with my 1.1a Celly @1.5? Does it matter that it was a Visiontech GTS? What if I added a V to the end of that GTS? Would it matter then? Yes it would, that was a value card. It used binned memory that wouldn't run any higher. I was happy with the score because I was aware of this.
When you run a card to it's limits on a system, then change cpu's so that the processor is no longer in the bottleneck equation, and you only score 100 higher, then you have reached the limits of that card in your system, regardless of what someone else posted in the orb. You don't have what they have...

I know the picture was an interpolation of data. I was comparing you to that guy because, like him, you were interpolating where john240sx should be score-wise, without having all the facts about his card and system. See the comparison?

As for the NV30 being taped out, I was going by statements made in another thread here. I apologize for accusing you of being wrong, and I will bear the idiot sign on that one.

No harm intended, I just don't see the point of all this "fanboy" testoterone flying left and right, just because ATI released a card. Yes the 9700 is a nice card. It will be a nice card even after the NV30 release whether it gets beat by it or not. If you like ATI, it will always be a better card, regardless. If you like Nvidia, it will always be inferior. It's just a stupid attitude to have...

I'm glad I'm broke. I don't have the money for either, so I don't have to speculate, and worry, and flame, and argue about it. My GF3 does just fine for a poor man :)

LOL- I certainly didn't mean to come off as rude or too opinionated- no offense intended:)

I'm no fanboy- be sure of that- but as time progresses- you'll see that is true. I've just came across this forum and have found it to be quite informative- thanks for the welcome:)

re: the 3dmark-
know the picture was an interpolation of data. I was comparing you to that guy because, like him, you were interpolating where john240sx should be score-wise, without having all the facts about his card and system. See the comparison?
point well taken:)

If the NV30 came with onboard MPEG decoder/encoder I would buy it! Hehe, heres another idea: have an onboard sound card connector: The audio comes from the CD/DVD Drive to the vid card, then from vid card to sound card's inputs.....ah well, I can dream, can't I? Oh, and I'm still waiting on ATI's new Fire GL X1, the first mainstream vid card with 256MB RAM. :D

Can I Silversinksam, huh, please can I? Thanks.:D :D

Originally posted on Guru3d:

NV30 Benchies - Hilbert Hagedoorn @ 9:17

The Korean website PCPoP posted some benchmarks of what of what they think is a NV30 (we'll call it GeForce5 for the ease of it). Now, I'm not going to post the benchmarks here on the site or even discuss them myself as I'm not allowed to do so, I do know from which document they came from though ...

BTW - the pages can take a while to load up.

Thanks to all the people who submitted this news. There where quite a few of you

Click here

Comments (8)

Here's an interesting read:

http://www.lostcircuits.com/video/nvidia_nv30/

Take Care All.:)

Last edited:
Back