tube length question

i am having some trouble with my cpu temps and i'm starting to suspect the length of my system tubing. no cheap shot please! =) i have my radiator at the top of my case and my pump at the bottom and i imagine i have 6 to 8 feet of 3/8" ID tubing with an ehiem 1048 and dd cooling cube. i'm setting about 45C CPU as reported by the bios. i've tried reseating my block and am now wondering if i need to cut down on my tubing. is it way out of spec - ballpark wise?

Registered
    that may help....not exactly sure. I do know that that ehiem pump you have is MUCH stronger that the rio 180 i have, and I have about the same setup as you it sounds like-i dont have the dd cooling cube (perhaps that has a large pressure drop?) I have a BIX and I am getting about 40 deg c under a full load.

Then again....45c is not horrible....of course, its not that good for water cooling....

yeah, well, the tube length could be a problem, but what are you using for a radiator?

details, details... what mobo/rad/block/etc?
    for in the core temp it's not that bad anyways..

How much tubing are you going to cut out? If you can half what you are using you may notice a difference. However, if it's a few inches here and a couple more there than I doubt it's worth it... really, in our short systems most of the flow resistance comes from fittings.