• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

tube length question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dem1an

i am having some trouble with my cpu temps and i'm starting to suspect the length of my system tubing. no cheap shot please! =) i have my radiator at the top of my case and my pump at the bottom and i imagine i have 6 to 8 feet of 3/8" ID tubing with an ehiem 1048 and dd cooling cube. i'm setting about 45C CPU as reported by the bios. i've tried reseating my block and am now wondering if i need to cut down on my tubing. is it way out of spec - ballpark wise?

that may help....not exactly sure. I do know that that ehiem pump you have is MUCH stronger that the rio 180 i have, and I have about the same setup as you it sounds like-i dont have the dd cooling cube (perhaps that has a large pressure drop?) I have a BIX and I am getting about 40 deg c under a full load.

Then again....45c is not horrible....of course, its not that good for water cooling....

How much tubing are you going to cut out? If you can half what you are using you may notice a difference. However, if it's a few inches here and a couple more there than I doubt it's worth it... really, in our short systems most of the flow resistance comes from fittings.

Back