• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reliable mobos?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

djb23

Which motherboards are noted for their reliability?

I have gone through 3 ECS motherboards that would juice up, but not post. After reading several posts in various forums, there are a LOT of people having the same exact problems. Even the manual does not match up with the board (ex: The manual tells to hook the power switch to where the LED indicator goes. The mobo is marked differently. The mobo markings are the ones that work.)

I have tested all of the components, and everything checks out except the mobo. (RAM good, vid card good, etc.)

I am at the point where I just want a nice mobo that is not overly touchy. Just a plug in and go board. Basically the Honda Accord board. Which boards are noted for this?

I was thinking of the MSI nForce 420 board. It seems to have no gripes in the forums that I can see. Any gripes?

The best board manufactors are MSI,Abit,Asus,and EPOX...

Personally I have only delt with MSI and Abit and I can say that BOTH are GREAT!!!! VERY stable and GREAT OCers!!! I love them...although my MSI is a dual mobo dosen't matter, I OCed on that and I have not had 1 problem so far!!!:D

I would go with the MSI!:D

Spec

I am using an Asus right now on one rig. I have never had any problems with them since my early Pentium days. My second rig is using an MSI board and I have no complaints with it.

I think that next upgrade I will try an Epox Board. I like to do things different and I have been hearing good things about them.

I've heard of a few problems with ECS, and also with Epox (Epox is my current favorite- I have had zero troubles), and most of the Hobbyist (RE: Overclocker) friendly boards are probably more likely to have troubles....

MSI may be the best compromise, although I haven't tried their newer boards (KT266 Pro is what I have.)

Stable, reliable but not the best overclocker mobo. My Abit KT7 ocs better with a kt133 chipset.

The most STABLE, RELIABLE board I have ever used was a SuperMicro- no oc options at all though.

get a board from one of the major companies. other wise when the compang goes out of business you wont have any support, drivers, bios, manuals.

Back