• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble installing OS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rannoch

Hello

I'm having this problem
(http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q217073&) where I
can't get past the setup screen when trying to install a OS.

I'm running on a Abit Kt7E Motherboard; athlon t-bird 900 and the HDD where I'm trying to install the OS is a Western Digital 80gb Special Editon...

I can see and use the HDD in win2k that I'm running right now (using disk managment). But I don't want to use this disk merley as a disk storage...
I havent flashed my BIOS.

I tried installing win2k on my other WD HDD (20gb) but got the same result...

I'm beginning to wonder how I managed to get the OS I have right now to work... :p

Rest of the specs:
abit kt7e
wd 80gb se
athlon t-bird 900mhz
256 sd-ram
gf4 4200

Welcome to the forums.
Most times the inability to complete an install is a hardware problem. Try doing an install with the absolute minimum of components in your rig(CPU, RAM, video, one HD, CDRom and/or floppy).

Thanks.

I will try installing with a minimum of components. Then I might flash my bios to see if that changes anything...

Did that work? hows your OS install progress?
Does it freeze or screwup at the same point everytime? Is the disk clean from scratches?

AZN

Back