• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Other misc q's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Neco

Flushing out heater core - who's done it, what did you use ? I was thinking of picking up radiator flush or something but have no idea how to use that kind of stuff.... I'd prefer a pump-safe method. No baths for this core - I alreadt when through hell putting my crappy shroud and barbs on it :p

I just want to make sure I get as much rust out as I can. my last system had quite a few rust deposits in it, even though the water was looking pretty clean - it stained up the hoses bad.. couldn't even tell there was water wetter in it

Secondly. I'm gonna pick up a faceplat with USB/Firewire,Gameport la la la, and an LCD monitor on it. Says "thin probe" and claims can be used to monitor CPU and all that. Enermax makes it. anyhow. I've read of guys saying touching it to the side of the core is best - but how do you make it stick ?

Please don't tell me AS epoxy or something stupidly expensive for what I need to do
:beer:

Back