• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Noob Question!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToRmEnToR

hey all, i'm new here, i wanna get into overclocking soon (when i'll buy some new hardware) , so i just wanted to know if any 1 has any sajetions (sorry for spelling , i'm from israel) for cooling systems (i heard water cooling is the best) , but i have one more question:

is it safe to run cold WATER in your computer???

no chance for leaks??

Yeah, it's safe enough. I won't lie and say that there's no chance of leaks, but if you're careful, and use a little common sense when building the system, you should be fine.

Oh, and watercooling really isn't the best cooling option for your computer, but it's an excellent place to start... remember, baby steps :D

yeah, like skulemate said, there is always a risk, but common sense will help you out a lot. hose clamps and barbed connectors almoast eliminate the chance for leaks. as far as performance goes, watercooling is probably the lowest cost high performance cooling solution. other things like peltier setups, evaporative cooling, and zub-zero refrigerant cooling all perform better, but cost a TON.

Back