• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is it possible to...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SilentandDeadly

Registered
is it possible to add a water cooling system to a case? i have a Cooler Master ATC-201-SX case, it's all aluminum inside and out, and i don't want to replace it (i'm not looking to replace something that was $180 or $200 with a new case that's gonna cost even more, i'd rather add, since i like this case). if i can, can someone tell me what tools i'd need to be able to do it? if you need to know what i have, i have a P4 2.53 GHz proc, a GF4 Ti 4600, PC-1066 RDRAM, Asus P4T533-C mobo, and a 7200 RPM HDD.

SilentandDeadly said:
is it possible to add a water cooling system to a case? i have a Cooler Master ATC-201-SX case, it's all aluminum inside and out, and i don't want to replace it (i'm not looking to replace something that was $180 or $200 with a new case that's gonna cost even more, i'd rather add, since i like this case). if i can, can someone tell me what tools i'd need to be able to do it? if you need to know what i have, i have a P4 2.53 GHz proc, a GF4 Ti 4600, PC-1066 RDRAM, Asus P4T533-C mobo, and a 7200 RPM HDD.

Yes, thats what most people do. DangerDen sells some good stuff and they do have blocks for Socket 478. http://www.dangerden.com/mall/kits_P4478.asp

Your going to need to choose a waterblock,radiator,pump,tubing and the liquids you will be using. I would recommend getting the Maze 3, a heatercore(if you can fit it into your case) and an eheim pump, all this stuff can be found on DD. A combination of distilled water and water wetter will probably be best.

is this good? Action
DESCRIPTION
ITEM No.
QTY
EACH
TOTAL
TAXED?

Custom Kit:, 478-MAZE3 Style, Copper Top, None, 1/2 OD, Brass, Xtreme BLUE, Sunon 120mm, None, 1250 1/2 Adaptor, Res & 10 ft Tygon, AS 3 , 12oz Water Wetter, Stainless Steel, 10 Clamps & Y Fittings
Comments:
Click Add/Change to add these comments.
478Kit

$276.50
$276.50
No

is there anything else i need? or is there anything i can drop? i'm not getting a block for the GF4 because i'll be replacing that within a few months with a newer card that it.

Dont get the res from DD. People have been having problems with it.
Also don't buy that rad! Buy a car heatercore instead but you'll need to do some soldering. If you don't feel up to it, get the radiator called: "The Heatercore" from DangerDen, it's the best rad they sell.

Back