• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win2k and second OS? dual boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lusankya

OK.. totally new system.. totally clean brand new HD preformatted and partitioned with Partition Magic 4

I purposely left the c drive empty for when I installed an OS on it after mounting it in my new box so prior to this 2k install it had some video files on the D and E drives but nothing ever went onto the C drive yet after installing 2k... when I boot it gives me the boot manager and there is an option for an "unknown operating system" as a second option. I haven't tried it to see what it does yet but there has been NO other OS install on this physical HD much less anything on that partition.

it used to be a slave to a 98 box and used for file storage but never at any time was ANY file put on the c drive.

it may be giveing you that because c: is empty so it assumes that ther eis a second os present

C isn't empty though.. I installed win2k on the c drive. I left that partition blank cause I didn't want ANYTHING on it before I installed the OS. So the C: partition was totally clean for the install. Which is why I am wondering where its finding this second unknown OS since its never had an OS installed on it prior to this first install. I doubt its partition magic since I have partitioned and formatted drives prior to the OS install, alot of times.

I noticed this the first time I booted up so I double checked.. nothing but standard 2k OS files (this was before I installeld ANYTHING)

Back