• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Acorp dual socket 370 Tualatin Mod?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogue1979

Looking to mod a Acorp dual socket 370 815E chipset to run a pair of Celeron 1.0a's. I understand about grounding the three pins, but does anyone now if pins Ak4 and Ak26 need to be connected? This motherboard does not have core voltage adjustment and I want to use 1.675v, being a socket 370 I can't use a slocket to adjust voltage. Someone with an Asus 815E said not to connect Ak4 to Ak26, but to connect VSS-VIDO-VID25m-VID2 for 1.675v. I don't want to risk booting at 2.0v and burning a pair of cpu's.

Is it now possible with Celeron Tualatins to run two of them? Last I had heard, none of the Celerons would run in SMP, and this had been the case since the Coppermine Cellies came out....is there a trick to getting them to work?

TUALATIN CELERONS WILL NOT RUN IN SMP, IT IS HARDWARE DISABLED JUST LIKE THE COPPERMINE CELERONS WERE

that and the acorp boards are not tualatin capable, supposedly the "BX mod" works, but no one has tried it in dual, so who knows if it will work on that board or not

My Acorp dual works with Tualatin...

I don't know how to mod Acorp for it to run Tuallie. However, I upgraded it with CPU adaptor (370GU) and now my Acorp 6A815EPD is working great with PIII-S 1.26G x 2 tualatin.
I think this adpator will be able to run P-III-S 1.4G with 512k L2 Cach as well.

You guys might like to check this site for the upgrade information: http://www.upgradeware.com. Check the compatibility list
of 370GU and there you will find upgrade details from the pop-up dialogue.

Seji0062
CPU/Intel P600 ->P3-S 1.26X 2 pcs (Upgradeware)
M/B Acorp 6A815EPD
RAM 512MB (256MB x 2)
CPU fan Intel
HDD IBM DTLA-3007030
DVD-ROM HITACHI GD-7000

P3-S 1.26X 2 pcs (Upgradeware)

You are right. I was lucky to have tualatin work on my acorp dual with tualatin adaptors. P3-S tualatin (2CPU, 512K) could be identified in the BIOS information. Also, I have run them with some test programs for many rounds and the process are quite stable. No stability problem which is my main concern.

Sorry the link in my last post was a bad link.
Try this one. http://www.upgradeware.com

Seji0062
CPU/Intel P600 ->P3-S 1.26X 2 pcs (Upgradeware 370GU tualatin adaptor)
M/B Acorp 6A815EPD
RAM 512MB (256MB x 2)
CPU fan Intel
HDD IBM DTLA-3007030
DVD-ROM HITACHI GD-7000

Back