• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

completely automatic bong refiller plans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hooziewhatsit

After perusing the forums for a while, I've noticed several people wondering how to make an automatic refiller for their bongs that they won't have to refill. After looking in my toilet (yes, the toilet), I've come up with a way that I think will work.

*This is all theory, I can't make this right now to test it, since I don't have a water source*

If you take the lid off your toilet and watch it as it flushes once or twice, you'll see a valve that lets water in when the water level gets too low, and then turns it off when it reaches a predetermined depth. If you take that whole assembly, I think it would be possible to add it to my previous refiller .

To make it work, the whole tank would have to be airtight. If it is not airtight, then the same disaster (only much bigger) that I mentioned in my article could happen. In that case, instead of having your reservoir empty into your bong, you would attempt to empty your house's water supply (=big mess).

To make it work, instead of having the flapper start the process, you'd run a pipe to your bong. Then, whenever air came up the pipe from the bong, the reservoir would release a little water. After a while, the float valve would turn on to refill the reservoir.

Of course, you'd probably want a couple valves installed so you can turn the water

If enough people are interested, I could write a small article for the front page.

as always, if anyone has ideas how to make it better, post them here.

ummm.... they make something simmilar for animals waterdishes- it connects to a waterline and refils it self as it dips below a certain level-
Spyder

i was thinking more like this:

bong%20idea.jpg

although ive never water cooled because my mobo dosent have "the 4 holes", i realy want to

being a 'farm-boy,' I have seen the same types of float valves implemented in animal watering tanks. They are MUCH smaller than those used in your toilet, although they all work in the same way.

Most farm stores, some hardware stores, and the big hardware superstores should carry these. As a bonus, many of them are made to be plumbed with 1/2" flexible tubing. It would be very easy to attach to an existing WC system.

Back