• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Unlocked my 1800+...Partially but the Mem Width was worth it!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beau_safken

Heres a pic...
Mempic.jpg

Although I messed up the unlock and some multipliers don't work I am running at 8 x 172 FSB right now and seems stable. Least the damn thing turned on right. Being my first unlock ever, That's nothing to complain about ya know....HEHE.. I could always get back to 1.533 Ghz using the 11 multiplier but this 172 FSB is pretty nice. If anyone wants some more info check out the AMD processor section for what happened. Could use a little advice on what to do next. Thanks....I'll Bench this thing and see what my results will be....HEHE

What chipset is on your mobo? You gain memory bandwidth, but you're also significantly underclocking the CPU. It wouldn't surprise me if the changes are a wash.

Please post the time of the benchmark WU.

Last edited:
LOL... Just got the result of that benchy........OMG it was a waste. Like 3.5 hours. I ran 3.337ish...with stock multiplier and 142 FSB. I just need to redo the unlocking again. From what I can tell...Just have a bad connection between the defogger and the pin. Guess the superglue went wandering I guess. KT333 is the chipset of the Epox 8k3a. I was running at like 8 multiplier...that was the best I could do everything under 10.5 would error or turn to 7. I'm waiting till tommorrow to pull the CPU cause I have a 1600+ in the oven and waiting to take me to OC'ing heaven....But yea I will still fix this 1800+ and at least I didn't kill it being my first time and all. Popping the unlocking cherry was a little harder then I thought....But WOW what fun..:D:beer:

In a sick make my acid reflux go crazy way........yea. LOL, got to try at least once or you'd never know if you could do it right?

Back