• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can this be true?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skiing Squirrel

Alright, I know this should be in the OS forums, but what the hey. Im on newegg, and want to know the difference between the full version of XP and the the other one. Im looking at the retail for about 200 bucks and the OEM for about 98 bucks. Whats the diff between these two?

Skiing Squirrel said:
Alright, I know this should be in the OS forums, but what the hey
and the reason your posting this here is?? Comon give the mods a break..:rolleyes:

Is it the OEM ver. or the upgrade ver. you are talking about? If it is the upgrade then you will need a previous ver. of windows to be able to install it. if it is OEM it is just a disk no manual and you will have to buy it with hardware. There might be more differences but I am not aware of them. Good Luck!

Ohh yea this would be much better if you post in the section you think it belongs in. Please do so in the future. It is making more work for the mods and you will get better answers if you post in the correct area:D

Well it was general about oem and newegg and stuff... Sorry. What gets me is that it says full version OEM, which is 90 bucks, then full version retail for 190. 100 dollar difference sounds alittle too much for me, maybe they made a typo?

No typo. OEMs are for people who have a general knowledge of making computers. Some people want that little security blanket provided by a $50 manual and a $50 cardboard box.

Back