Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My new window : P

Well I put in a window this weekend and thought I would show it off here. Its my first window. To do it I first put blue tape all over the front surface of the case so that when I cut it with my saber saw it wouldnt scrape it. After I cut it I smoothed it down with a file and a dremel with a sanding rotator. All in all I think it turned out very well.

Nice window Design!

looks very nice and smooth

kevin

nice window. maybe some thin molding to make the edges look more even

Very nice...how are you attaching the window to the case?

Nice

Very nice I like it!

Good Job
    Folding@Home Team32

I just noticed that you got a fat mess of wiring. You can also remove that lower platform if you want to make it look cleaner

To attach the plexi I glued it a big sheet on with silicon(sp?) Yea my wires are really messy. I got to clean them up some how. Im planning on buying some rounded cables weds which will help a little. Also I want to buy a green cold cathode and put at the top of the case so it goes blue to green. Should look pretty cool.

Excellent work KiKaL. I have a question for you. I understand you used a file to smooth the edges after cutting the area. How good (smooth) were the edges prior to using the dremel? I'm planning to cut a window on my case too, however, I don't have a dremel. I'm planning to use a jigsaw and then smoothing it with a file. I don't want to use a rim because I want the "metal look." From your experience, do you think I could do this (jigsaw and file, no dremel) and get the smooth look? If not, I guess I'm forced to put a rim on it to cover up the sharp areas.

yea you should be fine. The file worked well. I mostly used the dremel because I had it around to use. The file made it pretty smooth the dremel just made it really really smooth. Its really not to rough after you use the jigsaw.

great work... i liked the window design... and how it looks all neat and clear with no molding around the window

I like it. Good work on doing a design I havent seen. Trust me I've seen a ton.
    i7 920 @ 4.2Ghz
    Asus Rampage II GENE
    2x BFG GTX285
    6GB Crucial Dominator 1600
    Crucial 750TX

Help find cures for cancer by running Folding @ Home.

HEATWARE

You should also get some heatshrink tubing to cover up that inverter. If you short it you lose your cc and possibly damage your power supply. Or get some velcro and put it on the back side or cover it up anyway. It looks easy to short out because it is very close to the hard drive cage.

Good job on the window. I would get some door edge molding or the like to make it look more professional.

all you gotta do is wrap it in electrical tape, thats what I've always done and I've owned about 5 caths at one pt or another.

May i suggest a metal file??? Like you said- down with dremal :-D
    Spyder

I'm a little teapot Senior WyrmMaster's Avatar
    Nice, very orginal desigen (atleast I havent seen one like that before). The wiring can be cleaned up pretty easy with some zip ties or even breadbag ties and some black mesh or plastic wire covers. Check radio shack.

I would advise against breadbag ties... they have a steel wire in them and you'll just be asking for a short

Asus G1Sn-B1 7/18/2008- ??
    Intel Core 2 Duo Penryn T9300 2.5GHz 6MB 800FSB/4GB DDR2/nVidia GeForce 9500M GS 512MB/15.4 WSXGA+ 1680X1050 (Wet)/320GB/Blue-Ray Disk/DVD-RW

Deceased:Sager NP9860 11/24/2004 - 7/9/2008.. R.I.P
    Intel 3.4GHZ P4 LGA775, 800FSB/3GB 533DDR2/256MB PCI-Express NVIDIA GeForce GO 6800/60GB/17" WSXGA+ 1680 X 1050/8X DL DVD-R

Originally posted by KiKaL
    yea you should be fine. The file worked well. I mostly used the dremel because I had it around to use. The file made it pretty smooth the dremel just made it really really smooth. Its really not to rough after you use the jigsaw.
    Thanks for the info!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast