• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

singed connector

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RnPgrosz

Hey guys,

There is a for pronged plastic power connector that goes into my cable modem, one of the 4 power connectors is a little singed(blackened/darkened). I want to know if you guys think it is safe to use and what could have caused it. I didn't put this in Internet Netowrking and Security because I thought it was more technical then internet related. BTW, the cable works fine. Thanks

hmm, I think that some sort of a short would cause the blackening that you can see. That could have happened after a freak one time event, or there could be something wrong with the connecter/modem.

Did anything that you know of happen to cause it? Power surge, unplugged it when it was plugged into the wall? etc...

I would venture to say that you should be able to hook it up and see what happens. If there is something wrong with the hardware, you should be able to get it replaced.

good luck!

Back