• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7V266-E and Temps - Whatup?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nebulus

Registered
Question: I've read a few places that the Asus boards read a little higher - anywhere froma few degrees to 10 degrees. Is this actually true, and does anybody have a rule of thumb worked out for guestimating your CPU and MB temp?

Right now, I'm watching my system stay at 51/38 CPU/MB, even when I'm doing some heavy gaming. On the forums, I've read temps in the low to high 40s for an AMD XP2100 on an Asus board.

This is far from scientific, but I can put my hands anywhere in/on the case and it's just above room temp, so I don't think things are in too bad of shape.

To test and make sure it wasn't the Asus monitor software, I loaded up Motherboard Monitor 5 and ran them side by side. Little wonder, both apps reported exactly the same temps and voltages.

So if the Asus boards DO report around 10 degrees higher, I shouldn't sweat it right?

Asus boards are known for higher temp readings. If your really concerned about the temp, you could go get a compunurse or digidoc to get more accurate temp readings. If you know that the board is reading slightly higher and don't mind seeing this don't get one. My temps vary w/rooms temps anywhere from 40-46c idle and 46-53c load. As long as you know this you have a good idea where it's at. My normal temp difference between mobo and cpu is around 15c, and i keep room temps about 70f. So you can say that the asus boards a around 5-10 degrees off.

And Welcome to the forums!:D

That's what I suspected on the temp readings. I'm not too worried about the temps since I don't plan on overclocking any time soon (gasp!). I know, but since I need a stable system for more development than gaming, I'm doing pretty good with the XP2100 :D

Thanks for the help!

Back