• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need Help ASAP boot up problems....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nismo Nate

So I've built about 6 or so computers from the ground up in the past 2 months and this is the 1st problem to stump me, I know it's have to be something simple so here it goes.

My buddy and me were talking and he decided that we wanted a new computer so I went to work on new egg putting stuff together and we ordered it.

Components are as follows:

MB: REFURB Abit BD7 II - RAID
CPU: P4 1.8a
HSF: Cooler Master H71
Ram: Crucial XMS 3200 512 (1 Stick) - I need to check if it is PC 333 - Does anyone know if the BD7ii supports this ram?
Vid: Gainward 128meg Geforce 4 Ti4200
HDD: IBM 7200 60 gig
CDR: Lite on 40x
DVD: lite on 16x
3 3/4: floppy yup got one
SC: Live 5.1 dig
Monitor: Sony 19' G410
KB: black ortek
MOS: duel laser Logitech

And a modem and a LAN card, I doubt these are the problems.

So this is what happens when I turn it on. --- it goes on ... no beeps ... and on the monitor.. No signal.. I quadruple checked everything over. it's fine. My thoughts are. the MB is bad, the vid card is bad, the MB doesn't support the ram.

I need help fast because my buddy is going back to school soon and we need his new rig running. I'm going by his house to night with a spare vid card to see if that is the problem, but I dunno.

Thanks fellas!!:beer:

Oops it's this ram....I guess it's not 333?

CORSAIR MEMORY XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series 512MB 64MX64C2.5 PC-3200PT With Platinum - Silver Heat Spreader OEM
Specifications:
Speed 400 MHz
Organization 32M x 64
CAS Latency 2.5-3-3-6-T2
Memory type DDR
Part number: CMX512-3200PT Model#: CMX512-3200PT

If I had to guess I would blame it on the refurb Mobo, most times people can buy a Newegg refurb and it works fine....I say the mobo because your not getting a beep error if it was the video card....maybe Im wrong but it sounds like a mobo issue.

Your memory being non pc3200 is irrevalent being that pc3200 is backwards compatible with pc2100, pc2700 etc

It is probably the mobo. If there are no beeps it has to be the mobo, unless there are no beep codes for processor errors for your mobo.

I had this happen to me once. Turns out the back of the board was being grounded on the side of the mounting area. Double check to see your spacers are keeping the board far enough away from the metal of the case.

Back