• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How long does it take for a plet to power up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dxiw

Disabled
LIke if i had a big pelt of like 156w or 226w and i jsut turned it on for second with nothing on either side and then turned it off woud it bee long enough to damage the hot side? I want to play with the cold side hehe...

I had a 120w pelt. I held it with my index and thumb fingers, and turned on the power. I about 2 seconds my thumb was COLD and my I. finger was warm. My 226w pelter only took one second to chill my thumb and heat up my I. finger.

thats actuallyhow you are supposed to test them, by connecting the ground then barely touching the positive for just a second. then make sure to mark the cold side so you know which is which. thought it might be an interesting old thread to bring back....

Only takes a few seconds and it wont hurt them until the cold side starts to get hot also that is when bad things start to happen...mark either the hot side as hot or cold as cold so that you know. It really happens at the rate of electron movement and the time it takes for the heat from it to penetrate the materials....

BobSassafrass said:
thats actuallyhow you are supposed to test them, by connecting the ground then barely touching the positive for just a second. then make sure to mark the cold side so you know which is which. thought it might be an interesting old thread to bring back....
dang, this is old, how'd you come across it?

Back