• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where can i buy pci slot covers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BinarySuperman

guys is there an online store that sells pci slot covers? u know those things that cover the slots in your case, there like 1/3" x 5", i really need to know, thx

No computer shops sell them locally? They usually have a ton in the back that they will sell VERY cheap or just give for free...Least one near me will. Sides shipping would cost more then the covers.

Haven't noticed any on the websites i've been on, but post something in the wanted section of the classifieds, you could probably get them next to nothing or for free. I'm sure many of us have some extras laying around.

i found some at rogerssystems.com, i paid 10 bucks shipped for 20 pieces, which isn't so bad considering there 50 cents a piece.

Put an ad in the Classified section, in Wanted. Lots of people probably have a bunch sitting around.

Duct tape!!

Seriously, post in the wanted area. I would send you some for the cost of shipping, but it would be several days before I could dig them out. I am sure there are others with a supply more accessable than mine.

Go to a few thrift stores, you'll soon find an old 286 for a buck or two that you can probably harvest 4 or 5 out of. While you're at it Rip the fan out of the PSU as a spare, cut off the drive connectors, harvest any standoffs and screws, take the floppy if it's a 1.44 keep the case cover for modding steel, gut the harddrive, seal it and nipple it for an oversize waterblock for a modern harddrive, harvest all the jumpers, harvest any i/o connectors . . . . . . by the time you're done you've got like $50 worth of stuff if you'd have paid for it piece by piece at an online store.

Road Warrior

Back