• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cain't get to msconfig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

arden

I just installed win98se on a gateway comp. The restore disk was lost so I installed from a purchased copy. I get a message when I boot EMM386 not installed press any key to continue. To get rid of this I understand you can delete it in msconfig . Problem is when I go to run and type msconfig it cain't find the path. I knew everything was going to easy to be true. I need to figure out how to disable EMM386 because it also ask to hit any key at shut down. Any help getting to msconfig will be appreciated.

you should be able to get to it by going to Start | Run | type msconfig and hit enter

After about 6 tries it finally loaded ,Thanks for the reply.

now you have me scared was going to mess with my dads gateway and upgrade a few things but I better not mess with it cuz it could be trouble.

I have no idea why msconf was not working. Like I said after a half dozen tries it worked.Everything is working good now.This was a no choice for this computer,because nothing was working.I never seen so much junk loaded on a computer before.

Back