• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone have any recomended setting's for a USB ethernet adapter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bdf24

I was unable to get an NIC to work in this computer (refurbished motherboard from Newegg, 15 day warrenty is up). There's some sort of problem with the PCI slot's. They only work when they want to.

So I ordered a USB ethernet adapter to get around that. It's ok for internet usage. But file transfer speed's are horrible. But anytime I try to transfer any large amount's of data from one PC to another my network connection get's booted. Then I have to unplug the USB cord and plug it back in to get it back. Is there a timeout setting or something I can adjust to fix this.

I've set the other PC with the NIC to 10mbps to match the USB ethernet adapter. Is there anything else I can do? What about adjustment's with my router?

Here's the network specs incase your wondering.

Router = Linksys BEFSR41
NIC = LNE100TX - EtherFast® 10/100 LAN Card
USB ethernet adapter = NETGEAR EA101C
Both PC's are running WinXP Pro
I've got static IP addressing on both machine's.

Kingslayer said:
Unfortunetly you have two options.

1. New motherboard.
2. USB 2.0 and a 2.0 compatible USB ethernet adapter.
Well I'm just going to deal with it for a few week's till I can get a new motherboard. That should take care of all my problem's. I'll keep this POS and maybe build a PC for my daughter or something. It would work ok for her I think.

Back