• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

computer is dying

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mikoto

Registered
system specs:
Athlon 1.4 100fsb
384mb crucial pc133 sdram
ECS k7s5a
Gainward geforce 3 ti200
SBLive! 5.1
HP cd-writer
generic floppy
OEM HD (meaning that I took it from a gutted OEM HP machine and am unfamiliar with the manufacturer or model like the cd-writer;) --- 60GB tho and pretty quick)
ambient temp: 24C
processor load temp: 55C
decent case airflow, crappy OEM al heatsink with small coolermaster fan.

problems: almost constant BSOD. Sometimes not even all the way thru the boot sequence sometimes it'll give me an hour. The frequency of these BSOD have been growing alarmingly. No new hardware.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

and

MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS

I hated to bother you guys with this problem but it has stumped everyone I know, If anyone can offer me a fix I'd greatly appreciate it.

thx

cpu around 55C

I'm still learning this stuff and have to admit that MBM stumps me, so I don't know how to get all the temps.

Your cpu temp is borderline. I would get a better heatsink and fan. Check your irq's, some devices cannot share irq's well. I guess you run xp or 2k from your errors. I would reset your bios to defaults and see if you still get the errors. Then scandisk and defrag your hard drives. Make sure you do the thourough scan disk where it checks for bad sectors, it will take an hour or so. If that fails, take out everything but your hard drive you boot on , floppy drive, and 1 stick of ram. Add devices until it crashes.

Back