• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

please help asus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kickb0xer

Registered
just got the a7v333 ok now my old epox board had a program on its Cd that had a m/b fan monitor and temp monitor which i really liked i cant seem to find a temp monitor for my cpu please help

Go to Asus and put search for probe and you can get the program if you don't have the disk. I have tried motherboard monitor 5 with it but it doesn't work. I don't think its updated for the a7v333. Probe works fine on it but the temps do seem to be too high IMO.

PC proce should be on that cd under software
supposively asus probe isnt taht accurate though.... its more of a estimate i hear

When I first got my Asus A7V333, I tried to install PC Probe offf of the CD. It never worked :( . It would crash constantly, and I never could get a reading, EVER. There's supposed to be an updated version on the Asus site (somewhere:rolleyes:). I havn't found it, nor do I want to. I run Motherboard Monitor 5 and it works great:D

nope

i downloaded the asus probe and it says invalid chipset....hmmm any other program works?

My Asus Probe V2.15.00 sucks on my A7v266-E it reads 20'c (apx) too high
get a compunurse or something ... thats what i have now
Asus probe reads 48-50'c
my compunurse reads cpu temp 28'c
room temp 26'C
water temp 27'C
just 2'c warmer than room temp ... gota love water cooling

Yeah Asus P4T533-C is a good board.

I'm not sure on the accuracy of PCProbe either... my idle is like 30C and under load is 41C.

PC Probe works well for me. CPU is = on both PCprobe and MBM5, the MB temps are however one degree lower on MBM5.

The latest MBM5 supports Asus, and will report both the temps reported by the 1011 BIOS (A7V333) and the CPU diode.

The accuracy of pc probe is only as accurate as the calibration of the thermal reader. the way these thermal readers work is they change resistance as the heat rises significantly. the pc probe then reads the resistance of the thermal reader and runs a few calculations and gives you a calculation. Now the motherboard companies don't have time to calibrate the boards so they purchase the thermal readers in a lot. some of them produce higher resistances than what pc probe is expecting and some do the opposite. and what it realy comes down to is how much the motherboard manufactures payed for these readers. the more they pay, the more accurate the temp is read. Well chances are it is not very accurate since this is not a requirement for the motherboard to work! So they purchase less accurate ones just to give the person an idea what temp their cpu is running at.

The truth is the cpu is running as much as + or - a couple of
degrees.

Back