• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 3D Mark 2001 score..........is it ok?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rooikappie

Registered
Good day all

Last week I bought myself the ATI Radeon8500 128mb DDR. I ran the 3DMark 2001 benchmark (Free version) and scored 4459 points (1024x768 32bit) on my PIII 733mhz, 256meg ram, Windows98SE. Is this score ok? How much does my CPU, ram and OS influance this benchmark test?

Thanx

3dmark 2001 pretty much stresses the whole system, not just the video card. cpu and ram will effect it greatly. OS maybe a little, nothing significant. if you had a good pentium 4 or athlon xp system you could get 10000 3dmarks with that video card. your score isn't too far from what i would expect, but then again ive never benched a system like yours, im just guessing.

Yup. Thats about right on the money for a sub 1ghz machine with that vid card. Now that you have that card, I feel that you should seriously consider buying a new PC with an Athlon XP :)

don't worry too much about 3dmarks. your system will run any game thats out right now. you got a great video card there, make sure you get a lot of use out of it. :)

Thank you guys for the info.

One last question. Where can I get a site where everyone can submit their 3dmark 2001 scores? or something in the line of that.

Rooikappie said:
Thank you guys for the info.

One last question. Where can I get a site where everyone can submit their 3dmark 2001 scores? or something in the line of that.

http://www.geocities.com/oc3dmark/

Score looks right for your system. If you can grab Win2K Pro and install that and use it. You'll see less BSOD's, your stablity will be much better. The support for drivers are now moving to NT Kernal, 98 is just getting outdated and people really don't care for it anyways.

You can also use the default madonion site. After you benchmark, click on submit score, or choose submit saved score under the menu.

Back