• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

starting up windows xp

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ndnsoulja

Registered
hey i just have a simple question. how come when windows xp strarts up it doesn't show u like the hardwares that are intalled. u know how windows 98 at the begining shows you how much memory and all the other hardware configuration. how come it doesn't do that...oor is there any way u can change it?

I have xp pro and it shows all that at startup. Does your motherboard have a start up screen that show instead of this. Check your mb manual and see and if so disable it.

I think you are talking about the hardware configuration that pops up when you start up your PC. That info is from the Bios but the splash screen for XP covers it pretty quick. I know in Win98 you can hit Esc to see the messages. Try that or find a program like TweakXP and you may be able to disable the splash screen.

Back