• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, what does this error mean?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyber mouse45

Cyber Cheesiest Senior
I have a little problem. Today when I rebooted my pc, I got one of those “Xp has recovered from a horrible crash or whatever” errors. Normally when one comes up, that’s the end of it, and I don’t see it again. This one here won’t go away. It comes up every time windows starts. I ran scandisk and tried a few other things, but it still pops up. I know I can disable it from appearing, but I want to fix it. Can anybody help me? Here’s where the error is I guess. At least this is what it says in the details.

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini090302-07.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Legolas\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER1.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

What does that mean? Thanks!

Is it a memory dump? Perhaps too much caching is enabled in the bios and you are getting a memory dump at bootup each time. Try turning off all caching in bios.

In addition to the other suggestions CM...what you've made note of in your post is the location(s) of the dump file, but not the error message. In order to access the error log, you'll need to open Event Viewer by going to Start | Administrative tools (or All Programs | Administrative Tools) | Event Viewer | Highlight "Application" and "System" independently in the LH pane | Right click the error message (critical errors are in Red), and select "Properties" | Write down the error message exactly as it appears (under the "Description" field), and post it in this thread. ;)

Last edited:
You mean this right here?

Error code 00000050, parameter1 e2940ab4, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 bfb623e4, parameter4 00000001.

I haven’t updated XP on this pc at all yet.

How do I turn off all caching in the bios?

Can you guess how or why it just started the other day? Did I mess something up with out me knowing it?
Thanks!

Back