• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P3 Case Screw Trick with Coppermine?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mugambo

It has been about a year and a half since I last used the "case screw trick" on a slot 1 p3. I am anticipatiing that tomorrow I will need to remove the heatsink from a slot 1 750E. Is the case screw trick for removing the heatsink any different with a Coppermine CPU than with a Katmai CPU?

http://www.1coolpc.com/install/p3.htm

Dave

I used the case screw technique several times on my old slot 1 P3 700e coppermine. Worked everytime. Good luck.

Thanks, chief. It worked out pretty well. It turned out the stock heatsink had already been replaced by a cheap but servicable Radio shack heatsink with a modest 50 mm fan. Moved the fan so that two 50's could be mounted and added some old Arctic Silver II to the interface. Incremented up the CPU speed and the voltage until it was running at 1050 MHz. I gave Mr. B a 60 mm Delta screamer to try, but I had forgotten to pick up an adapter. Oh well, that part will wait until tomorrow. It failed in XP at 1050 MHz but ran for an hour and a half at 1035. Will try some Age of Empires and see how it stands up. Thanks.

Dave

Back