Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered

Whew..this is one tough fold

Yes I know I've only been folding for 2 days now but this p180_enghomeoGB is kicking my machines butt and calling it a pansey. 12 hours of folding so far on my OC'd 2.26ghz P4 and I'm only at 65%...sheesh...guess I need a faster 'puter. *opens wallet and starts digging out cash* anyone OC'd a 2.8ghz yet?

On a string I was held Senior NASsoccer's Avatar
    10 Year Badge

Re: Whew..this is one tough fold

Originally posted by Solr_Flare
    Yes I know I've only been folding for 2 days now but this p180_enghomeoGB is kicking my machines butt and calling it a pansey. 12 hours of folding so far on my OC'd 2.26ghz P4 and I'm only at 65%...sheesh...guess I need a faster 'puter. *opens wallet and starts digging out cash* anyone OC'd a 2.8ghz yet?
    lol, yeah they are some big proteins, i have one right now and it of course taking a long while

if you want a really fast folder, get an XP and oc it as far as you can right now the xp are superior in folding do to its high FPU, which folding is highly dependent on!

still 2.8 is really fast good luck in your quest to get there

here is a link with lots of times for the 180's --- http://forum.folding-community.org/v...light=enghomeo

FOLD ON
    NAS

Registered
    NAS tell you what then...go ahead and give me that XP computer and I'll be a folding maniac

Heh, well at least I know its not just my system then....its fun to see something challenge it at least.

10 Year Badge
    NAS tell you what then...go ahead and give me that XP computer and I'll be a folding maniac

Heh, well at least I know its not just my system then....its fun to see something challenge it at least.
    lol, don't think that will go over very well with the rest on the entrants

yeah some of these proteins kick even the fastest computers tails all over the place, XP and intel alike

FOLD ON
    NAS

you think you got it tuff. Look at this

Fold on!!!
    Hello:sn:

Registered
    LOL you win....I feel your pain though

hey kendan whats that thing u showed us a pic of? is it like one comp on the network shows what the other ones are doing ?
    <- pic of my college parking spot
    P4 2.4C@3.0, IC-7, 1 gig Buffalo 3700 (200 2-6-2-2)
    9600pro - 400@500/300@310
    Cascade watercooled

10 Year Badge
    Originally posted by Lt. Max
    hey kendan whats that thing u showed us a pic of? is it like one comp on the network shows what the other ones are doing ?
    it is EM3. www.em-dc.com . it allows for monitoring clients over a network or just a single client. great program, keeps track of all WU's and stats

FOLD ON
    NAS

Why does your EM3 look so much nicer than mine?

Hey, I could get 5 instances of it going here if I could just get two computers to UNFUTZ themselves, and added it to the other one.

Are you using ICS, or do the computers all dial out, or are they all on an always-on conxn, or what?

Originally posted by TheDS

Hey, I could get 5 instances of it going here if I could just get two computers to UNFUTZ themselves, and added it to the other one.

Are you using ICS, or do the computers all dial out, or are they all on an always-on conxn, or what?
    I only have EM3 on my main rig. I have a DSL connection that is always on. I use a router between them all and the dsl modem. I spent a little time messing with different color bars and with the skins. I like it The OC banner I got from a thread in the folding forum. And this does not include the linux box that is working on one too At least the mac has one of the new villins If anyone is good at Linux networking PM me because I have all kinds of problems trying to get EM3 to see my linux box. I am still a linux newbie but I am learning slowly but surely Fold on!!!!

10 Year Badge
    Originally posted by TheDS

check this thread out

OC EM3 skins

FOLD ON
    NAS

I have been folding that one for a little over a day now and I am only 39% done. Well it is a 650 laptop cpu doing it. I figure the laptop consumes less than 90w of power total. Thats 3 times less than the average tower

Registered
    So I finally get done with that horribly evil fold and prepare to celebrate as I await my next WU....but what happens? The gots of folding decided I hadn't ahd enough fun with the last one and sent me another WU of the exact same type.....arrrrggghhh I hate you p180

LMAO

lol - yeah we've all had a lot of these to fold - they're good if you're on dial-up tho as it means you can leave the house for longer

FOLD ON!!!

Rich

Re: Whew..this is one tough fold

ill take your old one

10 Year Badge
    Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    LOL Kendan! 6 at a time. I had havd 3 at a time and that is the most. I just wish I got a P181. 8 points and a shorter deadline than the P156 which is 6 points.
    Main Comp (Win 7): ASUS R4E; i7-3930k @ 4.9GHz; G.Skill Ripjaw Z 4x4GB @ 2133MHz; Nvidia GTX780; Custom Watercooling
    3x Asus VW246H eyefinity; Polk Audio Monitor 40's (L,R), CS10 (C), Klipsch KG^4 (S), Sony STR-DA1000ES; all in a custom built desk

Folding User Stats

Originally posted by cjreis
    LOL Kendan! 6 at a time. I had havd 3 at a time and that is the most. I just wish I got a P181. 8 points and a shorter deadline than the P156 which is 6 points.
    Now I am on another 6 of them

Registered
    Well I guess the one plus to these suckers is they are worth about 5 to 5.6 points a piece to fold. So even if I get stuck with them...one 18 hour fold equals enough points for the contest. I was worried that they'd end up worth like 1 point and I'd be pushing it to make 5 in a week

Fold on

10 Year Badge
    i just started folding again this week and i have gotten 2 p180's so far, and im only folding on a p3 800.. see attached pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ASUS corei5 m430 laptop
    4gigs ram, 320HDD
    1gig ATI radeon 5400
    blue-ray/DVD, 17inch HD display

AMD x3 720 $ cores unlocked
    8 gig ram
    evga gts 450 1gig
    24in lcd monitor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast