• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whew..this is one tough fold

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Solr_Flare

Registered
Yes I know I've only been folding for 2 days now :D but this p180_enghomeoGB is kicking my machines butt and calling it a pansey. 12 hours of folding so far on my OC'd 2.26ghz P4 and I'm only at 65%...sheesh...guess I need a faster 'puter. *opens wallet and starts digging out cash* anyone OC'd a 2.8ghz yet? ;)

Solr_Flare said:
Yes I know I've only been folding for 2 days now :D but this p180_enghomeoGB is kicking my machines butt and calling it a pansey. 12 hours of folding so far on my OC'd 2.26ghz P4 and I'm only at 65%...sheesh...guess I need a faster 'puter. *opens wallet and starts digging out cash* anyone OC'd a 2.8ghz yet? ;)

lol, yeah they are some big proteins, i have one right now and it of course taking a long while :)

if you want a really fast folder, get an XP and oc it as far as you can;) right now the xp are superior in folding do to its high FPU, which folding is highly dependent on!

still 2.8 is really fast :) good luck in your quest to get there :D

here is a link with lots of times for the 180's --- http://forum.folding-community.org/viewtopic.php?t=1276&highlight=enghomeo

FOLD ON
NAS

NAS tell you what then...go ahead and give me that XP computer and I'll be a folding maniac :D

Heh, well at least I know its not just my system then....its fun to see something challenge it at least.

Solr_Flare said:
NAS tell you what then...go ahead and give me that XP computer and I'll be a folding maniac :D

Heh, well at least I know its not just my system then....its fun to see something challenge it at least.

lol, don't think that will go over very well with the rest on the entrants:p

yeah some of these proteins kick even the fastest computers tails all over the place, XP and intel alike :eek:

FOLD ON
NAS

you think you got it tuff. Look at this :eek:

p180.jpg

Fold on!!!

Lt. Max said:
hey kendan whats that thing u showed us a pic of? is it like one comp on the network shows what the other ones are doing ?

it is EM3. www.em-dc.com . it allows for monitoring clients over a network or just a single client. great program, keeps track of all WU's and stats:)

FOLD ON
NAS

Why does your EM3 look so much nicer than mine?

Hey, I could get 5 instances of it going here if I could just get two computers to UNFUTZ themselves, and added it to the other one.

Are you using ICS, or do the computers all dial out, or are they all on an always-on conxn, or what?

TheDS said:
Why does your EM3 look so much nicer than mine?

Hey, I could get 5 instances of it going here if I could just get two computers to UNFUTZ themselves, and added it to the other one.

Are you using ICS, or do the computers all dial out, or are they all on an always-on conxn, or what?

I only have EM3 on my main rig. I have a DSL connection that is always on. I use a router between them all and the dsl modem. I spent a little time messing with different color bars and with the skins. I like it:D The OC banner I got from a thread in the folding forum. And this does not include the linux box that is working on one too:eek: At least the mac has one of the new villins:D If anyone is good at Linux networking PM me because I have all kinds of problems trying to get EM3 to see my linux box. I am still a linux newbie but I am learning slowly but surely:D Fold on!!!!

I have been folding that one for a little over a day now and I am only 39% done. Well it is a 650 laptop cpu doing it. I figure the laptop consumes less than 90w of power total. Thats 3 times less than the average tower

So I finally get done with that horribly evil fold and prepare to celebrate as I await my next WU....but what happens? The gots of folding decided I hadn't ahd enough fun with the last one and sent me another WU of the exact same type.....arrrrggghhh I hate you p180 :)

lol - yeah we've all had a lot of these to fold - they're good if you're on dial-up tho as it means you can leave the house for longer :D

FOLD ON!!!

Rich

Solr_Flare said:

ill take your old one:p

LOL Kendan! 6 at a time. I had havd 3 at a time and that is the most. I just wish I got a P181. 8 points and a shorter deadline than the P156 which is 6 points. :eek: :)

cjreis said:
LOL Kendan! 6 at a time. I had havd 3 at a time and that is the most. I just wish I got a P181. 8 points and a shorter deadline than the P156 which is 6 points. :eek: :)

Now I am on another 6 of them:eek:

Well I guess the one plus to these suckers is they are worth about 5 to 5.6 points a piece to fold. So even if I get stuck with them...one 18 hour fold equals enough points for the contest. I was worried that they'd end up worth like 1 point and I'd be pushing it to make 5 in a week :)

Fold on

i just started folding again this week and i have gotten 2 p180's so far, and im only folding on a p3 800.. see attached pic

Attachments

• p180.jpg
    p180.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 65
Back