• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Heres the location of Win XP Adjustments

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stedeman

The Half Asleep Member
All the tricks to windows xp can be found in “C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\gpedit.msc” (its icon is a hammer over a window) every little thing from getting rid of the password at start up to killing ms messenger and the auto run/play
**You will have to spend a lot of time in there to find everything you don’t like but it is for the best as you can get full control of your windows

You didn't mention which version of Windows you're using RedSkull, but the Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) isn't available in the Home version of XP. ;)

redduc900 said:
You didn't mention which version of Windows you're using RedSkull, but the Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc) isn't available in the Home version of XP. ;)

Indeed... this is by far one of the most stupid idea from microsoft... why didnt they include it in the home version of XP? Just because i bought home and i paid less than pro doesnt mean i shoudnt get something like this... The editor should come standard on both copies of XP, not only pro. But i guess Bill didnt think i'd need something like this, lol, good guess Bill :rolleyes:

Or...

You can make your own customized Computer Mgt. Console by typing in "mmc" in Start--> Run

Then you can add your snap-in's such as Disk Defrag... Group Policy and Local Users and Groups...

SnowBird said:

Indeed... this is by far one of the most stupid idea from microsoft... why didnt they include it in the home version of XP? Just because i bought home and i paid less than pro doesnt mean i shoudnt get something like this... The editor should come standard on both copies of XP, not only pro. But i guess Bill didnt think i'd need something like this, lol, good guess Bill :rolleyes:

Yet I've been told several times within these hallowed halls that the home and pro versions are identical except for 'a few networking tools':rolleyes: :eek:

Back